A Dedication of Sorts

To my most surprisingly loyal reader and her band of blindly following sycophants: Being afraid of the truth does not negate it. I realize that you’re afraid of me because I’m one of few who call you out on your lies and fill in the blanks in your version of the truth. I have a right to tell my side. I have done nothing but defend myself from your vicious lies, and I will not be censored. Having said that, this blog is not about you. But if you piss me off, I have a right to vent about it here.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Something New

I feel that I've posted enough old stuff on here to get this started and wanted to begin  adding new items. (Of course not everyone I know has read all of my old stuff, so it's probably not as tiring to some as it is to others. And "Black"was actually rather recent.) Not that I have anything new to share yet :). And while I didn't want this to be an online journal of oversharing or overly personal thoughts, I guess it wouldn't hurt to actually come on here to talk a little about life in all its colors.

So, another year has begun. And while I realize that 2008 is generally considered to have been a tough one, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it and am personally not as happy to see it go as almost everyone else seems to be. 2008 was filled with my usual, and some new, experiences: Paley Festival events in the spring; Pageant of the Masters in the summer; a couple of plays (My Fair Lady and Spring Awakening); meeting new people and making new friends; getting to see old ones, which is always a great treat; planning and having our wedding; a Beastly Bedtime event at the Wild Animal Park (which was such a fun time N wants to do it again this year); moving to a much more spacious place; being there as N started swimming on her own (no floaties) for the first time; all of C's soccer games (they are seriously so unexpectedly fun); getting the two wonderful additions to our family, Dizzy and Oliver, who are so cuddly and sweet (and now partners in crime); visiting the Getty Villa for the first time; and many more little moments that make life what it is. 

In this economy, I'm very grateful to still have a job, especially considering the field I work in. But somehow things seem to keep moving for us - my employer is really good at what he does and really deserves all the success he can get (and besides that, he's a great person who is incredibly wonderful to work for, something I'm very appreciative of and grateful for). W also has a seemingly stable job, with great benefits, and keeps finding new things to become involved with and interested in, so hopefully that will keep him from ever getting too bored. 

The kids are wonderful and growing more so all the time. They each have their own distinct personalities but are very close and get along wonderfully. They're bright, caring, happy kids who bring a lot of happiness into our lives. N is very generous and loves to give gifts to others, often things she's made herself; she always seems to be thinking of others. C, who is less outgoing, is very good at learning new things quickly. He loves all sports, is good with working as a team or alone, and always gives 100% to everything he does. I'm very happy to have them both in my life.

Well, this feels like a little report card of my life so far :), so I guess I felt like sharing some of the more personal anyway. Well, I'll be back to write something more profound when I feel better (physically), but for now, I think this is a good introduction.


No comments: